Afternoon Tea at Otley Chevin

By A Wee Bit of Cake - March 10, 2015



I love going for afternoon tea, it’s one of my favourite past times. I asked Mr T could we have it at the wedding and do a hot meal in the evening instead but he wasn’t keen on the idea at all. He just doesn’t get it at all. I usually end up going with friends as he has a much more savoury tooth compared to me sweet tooth – well they do say opposites attract!

For me what’s not to love (apart from when they serve cakes with nuts in – yuk!), dainty sandwiches, fluffy scones with lashing of clotted cream and jam and yummy cakes to finish it off.

To celebrate my birthday back in January myself, Rhianne and Alison (and her little boy) went to the Chevin Country Park Hotel in Otley for afternoon tea. I drive past the hotel regularly and we have only been once for a wedding evening doo but never for food. After finding out it was the bargain price of £9.50 each I knew we had to try it out.

The Chevin is a lovely country hotel, nestled amongst the trees overlooking Otley. The moment you step inside reception you feel like you are in a woodland lodge and this theme is prominent throughout the whole hotel. 

Afternoon Tea is served in the bar area. With booth seating and lots of scatter cushions the ambience was very cosy and relaxin on a frosty winter's afternoon.

On to the food!


There was loads! Four types of sandwiches (ham, egg and cress, smoked salmon and cucumber), three types of cake (vanilla cheesecake, chocolate brownie and tiramisu), shortbread, delicious scones and lashing of clotted cream and jam. Apart from the nutty brownie everything else was so good. We actually couldnt finish it all of it as there was so much.

I've already decided to take my mum, aunts and cousins here when they come over for my hen party in June. They all love afternoon tea as much as I do so this will be the perfect way to spend our day before we go to the holiday cottages we have booked in Ilkley.




If you are in the area, I strongly recommend you pay the Chevin Country Park Hotel a visit. I checked out their bar menu which was brilliantly priced too. I've a feeling myself and Mr T will have to go one evening for dinner.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments