Not so Blueberry Ripple Bundt

By A Wee Bit of Cake - February 25, 2015



Today I was going to post a recipe for my blueberry ripple bundt but unfortunately it didn’t ripple inside so I can’t share a recipe with you that didn’t work. Kind of defeats the point of recipe sharing!

I read so many blogs with perfect food styling and recipes but life isn’t always perfect. I want my blog to be honest, a real peek into my life and kitchen.

We all make mistakes and things go wrong but we only learn from our mistakes not from what we did right. Next time I think I need to make the blueberry coulis thicker, maybe use fresh blueberries instead of frozen? The cake still tasted great but it was more of a sweeter Victoria sponge rather than blueberry flavoured.

The odd thing is I’m a perfectionist and I hate it when things don’t go right. As soon as I have a cake idea I want to make it and share it with you all. If it isn’t a success it holds me back from sharing it on here and I feel like I’m wasting food. Thankfully this cake tasted fine but I’ve had occasions where the item in question is only good for the bin. I’m fortunate Mr T is honest with me and if he thinks something needs improving or doesn’t taste right he will always say so.

I know other people think I’m daft for getting so worked up about a cake but I can’t help it. It took me a long time to discover that baking is something I love and that I’m good at so when things don’t work I beat myself up about it.

I don’t even know where this blog post is going but I guess what I am trying to say is no one is perfect. Life is a learning process and for me I’m always learning in the kitchen. I will figure out where that cake went wrong and eventually share the recipe on here but for now you can just look at some photos from cake club last night.

It looked a little rippley on the outside but nothing on the inside :(



Least it looked good on the outside even though it went wrong inside haha!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I bet it tasted amazing too - and really thats what cake is about as well as looking good :) don't beat yourself up too much (a little is allowed, I know what you're like)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thanks :) you know me, I'm my own worst critic!

      Delete
  2. I remember the first cake I ever made my now Hubby. Just a basic chocolate cake in my Mum's oven (I think we were still teenagers) which sank in the middle. I had a moment of panic, then cut out the middle, whipped up some cream and put that in the centre with lots of fruit. He loved it!! It's not always the successful cakes we remember and lots of practise makes for lots of happy tummies :-) My blueberries always sink to the bottom but I keep making them in the hope that one day I will do something different and I will have happily spaced blueberries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sally, glad to know I'm not the only one! Too many people are scared to talk of their baking disasters. Have you tried coating the blueberries in flour before you put them in the batter? That might help to stop the sinking.

      Delete