Blackhouse

By A Wee Bit of Cake - February 22, 2015



Remember me telling you about the Mars Bar brownies and how they took me to a happy place? Well now I’m telling you all about a restaurant that does that too…. Blackhouse in Leeds.

We went to Blackhouse at the end of January as we had heard about the January sale. We had wanted to go for ages but it was a wee bit pricier than our usually option of curry. As my birthday was at the end of January it seemed like the perfect excuse to go. Most people online raved about it and we couldn’t wait to try it out.

Well… all I can say is that it didn’t disappoint. From the service to the food, everything was perfect. We were undecided on what to order but seeing as it was 50% off we opted for the most expensive item on the menu – the Chateaubriand. Mr T and I enjoyed our meal so much that we hardly spoke during the main course.

As a treat we had pudding too (well I did and he had an Irish Coffee) and for the first time in a long while I actually enjoyed my dessert – Sticky Toffee Pudding. Usually I skip the dessert menu as often it’s big slabs of chocolate fudge cake bought in from a wholesaler that lacks flavour. Well this sticky toffee was immense! It’s actually the nicest one I’ve ever eaten and tops any that I’ve made myself.

While we were there we spotted people eating the Sunday roast and it looked so good we came back for a second visit a few weeks later. It was so yummy and they even gave me an extra roastie to replace my Yorkshire pudding as I’m not a fan of them. This time I was fit to burst with no room for dessert, it was a spectacular Sunday roast!

Calamari

Mussells in white wine sauce

Chateaubriand


Gorgeous jacket potato with sour cream and chives



The nicest sticky toffee I've ever tasted
It's huge!
All in all it’s a great restaurant, I have a feeling we will be back again!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments