Old Faithful!

By A Wee Bit of Cake - June 10, 2014

A little late in posting the write-up for our last event, but better late than never!
Remember when I posted a few weeks ago about my Srawberry Milkshake Layer Cake? Yeah, well I forgot about the event write-up and that it was needed for the CCC website, ooops....
A few weeks ago the Wharfedale CCC ladies met at The Little Tea House in Ilkley for our Old Faithful event and what a wonderful venue it was! It was lovely to see our regulars, a few new faces and some that we hadn’t seen in a long time.
Claire at The Little Tea House was lovely and couldn't do enough for us. It is the most gorgeous of places and if you are ever in Ilkley I strongly recommend you pay them a visit. Their cakes are almost as nice as Bettys and the crockery is so adorable!
As the theme was Old Faithful I was surprised at how many different cakes we had and that none of them had been brought to any previous events before. They were all seriously yummy!
Our hosts were kind enough to let us use their dresser to display all the cakes and I had serious furniture envy when I saw it, would absolutely love one in my kitchen!
The cakes included:
Amy – Oat, Pear and Raspberry Loaf
Clare – Victoria Sponge Layer Cake with Strawberry Milkshake Icing
Fleur – Ginger Cake
Helen – Pecan, Banana and Toffee Cake
Jo – Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Cake
Sonia  - Chocolate Traybake
Tania – Poppy and Orange Bundt with Orange Liquer
I want this dresser!






It's just so cute!
Love the crockery!


Thanks again to everyone who came; all of your cakes were amazing and a special thanks to our hosts. Make sure you visit The Little Tea House next time you are passing through!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments