A wee bit of running

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 13, 2014

I'm a bad blogger - I make promises about fortnightly updates on my running and fitness and yeah, I don't follow through - sorry!

Well here is the progress so far...

It took me a while to get back into the running thing again, after my last post I really wanted to be motivated but a mixture of bad weather, long days at work and driving lessons scuppered my plans.

I tried doing some fitness dvds but I just ended up feeling really low about myself copying these skinny girls while feeling like I was a beach whale going to pass out. I decided then to go back to running cos then I don't have to watch skinny girls and feel like a fatty and I can also plug in my headphones and ignore the world.

Before work exercising just doesn't work for me, I'm much better on an evening cos I'm more alert and less paranoid about a psycho lurking in the park in the early morning.

Monday evenings have become my running night with Amy and even though I am only running once a week my fitness is getting so much better. I just wish my stupid ankle would stop causing me pain and let me run for longer.

I haven't been near the scales or done any measurements but I am feeling better in myself and a lot less breathless which are all major plus points.

I have two goals that I want to achieve in the next 6 weeks (6 weeks til dress shopping!)

  • Buy new trainers
  • Run 5k without stopping
  • Up my running to 2/3 times a week

I will try and check-in again on my progress in the next few weeks but I apologise in advance if I forget!

PS. any running/fitness tips would be much appreciated :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments