A wee bit of life

By A Wee Bit of Cake - May 18, 2014

Sometimes I find myself going weeks without blogging cos I haven't had a chance to bake a new recipe and life is too jam packed with other things. This is a baking blog but my life does not revolve around cake (even though I really wish it did!) so it's time to stop wallowing about not having time to bake and tell you what I am up to!

This week...

I went for a run with Amy from CCC and managed 4.6km! Ok I did run for 2k solid then walk/run for the other 1.6km but it wasn't down to tiredness, it was caused by ankle pain. I really need new trainers and the ones I ordered online didn't fit so I need to get some new ones. I'm so pleased my fitness is increasing, wedding dress you will be mine!

I have been studying like a madman (or woman?) for my theory test and on Wednesday I passed! Woop! I was so worried about it especially the hazard awareness bit but I'm so relieved to have it over and done with. Now to get my practical booked in which is putting the fear of god in me. I had a two hour lesson today where we went over test routes, my instructor says he is going to book my test in for the first week of July - eek!


Cake Club! I love cake club :) Thursday saw us at The Little Teahouse in Ilkley and oh my god, that place is so cute and lovely. I still need to do the writeup but I promise you it is worth a visit.


Yesterday me and Mr T decided on an impromptu trip to the coast. Even after living inland for almost 10 years I still have a pang of longing for the coast. Nothing beats a wander along the beach and the calmness that looking at the sea can bring. We opted to go to Filey as I've never been a fan of the tatty English seaside towns (sorry English readers!) but for me the coast is all about beach, the sea and leaving the modern world behind. Maybe I'm spoilt by the untouched beauty of so many Irish beaches but I love it when we stumble across a beach in England that is empty and beautiful.

The photo doesn't do it justice as to how beautiful Filey was.

Todays has been a busy day but while I write this Mr T is off to Asda to pick up a few bits for dinner (he wants to BBQ) and I'm going to finish making my friend's birthday cake.

Looking back I haven't even included everything else we did this week, it's been a bit of a hectic one. Next week is looking a lot calmer thankfully, maybe I'll get out for more than one run.

Hope you have all had a lovely week and let's hope this sunshine lasts for another wee while!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments