Dear Dylan - 6 Months Old

By A Wee Bit of Cake - January 15, 2019

Dear Dylan,

I need to start this letter off with an apology. This is your 6 month update but at 7 months I am now only finding the time to write it now. Time really does go so much faster with a second baby and I cannot believe that in a couple of months I will be back at work.

6 months - half a year.... honestly where has the time gone? I swear I only just  wrote your 3 month letter and now here I am writing your 6 month one and oh my, have you changed!

You are still a chunk, but have actually dropped a percentile from the 98th to the 91st and currently weigh 21lb 11oz although according to your Red Book you were 21lb 2oz at 6 months! You are wearing 9-12 month clothing and I have a feeling it won't be long until I'm digging out Ethan's 12 -18 month stuff and seeing what is suitable hand me downs. Yup, sorry Dylan, but you do wear a lot of your brother's old clothes. We have still bought you some new bits and pieces but the majority of what you wear once belonged to Ethan. 

Looking back over the past 3 months you have went from a little baby who laid on your mat or bouncy chair and didn't really do a lot. By the time you hit 6 months you had cut your first tooth, can roll all over, sit up without support and embraced weaning with gusto.We started weaning at 5.5 months as we both knew you were more than ready. You had started watching us eat, reaching out for things and we just had a gut feeling that the time was right. From the get go you have loved food and so far it's been a totally different experience to when we weaned Ethan. Nothing is refused, you enjoy finger foods and purees but prefer to feed yourself rather than let me feed you. We end up fighting over the spoon as you want to do it but don't quite have the coordination to get it in your mouth.

You are still breastfed and aren't keen on taking a bottle but I don't mind. I don't know if you will be our last baby so I'm enjoying this stage while it lasts. It won't be long before you are on cow's milk and the power of the boob will be a distant memory. 

Sleep wise we have had good nights and bad nights. You have slept through a handful of times but for the most part you still waken 1-2 times a night. You tend to feed to sleep around 630pm and most nights I don't hear a peep from you until 2am, sometimes even 4am. The only problem then is you are much harder to settle as you have had a large chunk of sleep and are ready to party. Once I get you back over you tend to kip for another few hours and waken to start the day any time between 5 and 7am. I'll be honest, those 5am starts are a killer! As for naps they are all over the place. Sometimes you can snooze for 1-2 hours, other times it's 30 minutes at most. I used to stress so much over Ethan's naps but now I just go with it as I know it will change as you get older.

You are now rolling and sitting up and I have a feeling it won't be long until you start crawling. Ethan was crawling at 7.5 months and it looks like you are hitting all of the milestones at the same time he did. As exciting as it will be for you to be more mobile, I am not looking forward to it at all. It was much easier to baby-proof a house with only one child, so much harder with a toddler in tow! 

Your hair is starting to come through now too and it's looking to be dark compared to your brother who is a total blondie. Your personality is starting to shine through too and Dylan my darling you are such a cheeky little thing with the best smile and giggle. I have a feeling you will keep us on our toes when you are older, that's for sure!

We've also had a few trips to hospital with you as you have had a few bouts of bronchiolitis but thankfully it was short lived. It's unavoidable at this time of year, there are far too many bugs flying about.

The day you turned 6 months old I travelled back to Belfast with you and Ethan for a pre Christmas celebration with my side of the family as we had decided to spend Christmas in our own home this year. Flying alone with two small children did have its challenges but for the most part the trip went really well, you both got spoiled with gifts and you even went to your first gig to see Uncle Michael's band, the String Ninjas perform.

Your first Christmas was pretty magical too although you were more interested in the wrapping paper than anything else. We didn't go too crazy on gifts but you seem to really enjoy the few toys and books we picked for you.

And as for Ethan, you two just love each other. You smile and giggle for him in such an adoring way. Both Daddy and I have said how many times that we love watching your relationship flourish and we can't wait to see how it grows as you get older.

Like my previous letters, I could ramble for ages but I know I need to stop typing and get this post published.

We love you to the moon and back our little Dilly Dumpling. I cannot wait to see what the next 6 months has in store for you.

All my love, Mama xxx

The past three months in pictures...








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I read a lot of posts but the topic covered in this is the most comprehensive & helpful. I would definitely recommend it to others.
    If you need help of online bank statement editor, this professional editor will help you quickly.

    LiveChat:https://tawk.to/chat/5b056f7bd0f6723da57ecd06/default/?$_tawk_popout=true

    Contact: (+1) 914 202 3836

    Email: quickdocsfix@gmail.com

    Website: http://bankstatementseditor.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just submit. This web site is extremely intriguing, My partner and i additional the idea to be able to my top picks, I hope you can perform the identical together with my own.
    áo lớp
    http://ksvadl.com/ninh-binh
    http://anhngubingo.com/tin-tuc
    vườn quốc gia Tam Đảo

    ReplyDelete