Dear Ethan - The summer you became a little boy

By A Wee Bit of Cake - September 03, 2018

Dear Ethan,

It's been a long time since I wrote to you, looking back it was your second birthday in March but you've hit some major milestones recently and I felt the need to put pen to paper (or key to screen but you get my drift).

This summer was the summer that you left the baby days behind and became a little boy.

The summer you started talking in full sentences

The summer you became a big brother

The summer you potty trained

The summer mama became mummy

The summer you gained a new bedroom

The summer you started sleeping in a single bed

The summer you learned imaginative play

The summer you discovered the love of a morning cup of tea

The summer you learned your colours

The summer you learned to count

The summer you learned to jump

The summer your hair started to curl

The summer you showed us how much love you have to give

The summer you became a little boy

When Dylan was born you suddenly seemed to grow up overnight but over the past 3 months your development has come along leaps and bounds and as much as it pains me to say it, you really aren't a baby any more. Moving out of nappies was the final step and now I feel like that door is firmly closed. I am sad to say goodbye to your baby days but I'm more excited to watch you grow into a little boy and see your future unfold.

All my love,

Mummy xxx


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments