Cheesy Courgette Muffins

By A Wee Bit of Cake - October 05, 2017



Being a working mum is hard. I feel like I'm constantly spinning lots of plates - have I achieved my to do list in work/is the house clean/has the laundry been done/when will we do the food shop/are the enough nappies and snacks in for Ethan?? The list goes on and on...
Tom works longer hours than me and often works at home too so I find myself taking on more of the household responsibilities although he does do all of the DIY, bins and car maintenance. 

Anyway, I digress.... One thing I find myself having to keep a closer eye on now we have Ethan is food and making sure we always have something healthy that he can munch on. Usually by the time Friday rolls around (my day off) we are fairly low on fresh food and need to do a grocery shop but the little man needs to eat. I don't like the idea of him living off crackers or rice cakes and this is where savoury muffins come to the rescue. Packed full of veggies, these delicious snacks have a few simple ingredients that are ideal for little tummies.


Even better, once they are baked and cooled they can be placed in a zip lock bag or tupperware tub and popped in the freezer. Just take out however many you need a few hours in advance and leave on the side to defrost. There has been many a Friday when I've congratulated my past self for filling the freezer with toddler snacks such as these muffins or pinwheels.

It was actually my friend Sara that gave me the recipe but I've no idea of it's origin. It so adaptable though, you could easily add some peas, sweetcorn or diced carrot for added nutrition.

Cheesy Courgette Muffins
187g SR Flour
250g grated cheddar
1 tbsp parmesan
1/4 tsp mixed herbs
Half a courgette, grated
187ml milk
1 egg, whisked

Preheat the oven to 160C (fan)
Line a 12 hole muffin tin
Place the grated courgette in a tea towel and squeeze out the excess water
Mix the flour, cheese, herbs and courgette together
Stir in the milk and beaten egg
Divide between the 12 muffin cases
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean

Enjoy!



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments