Biscoff Bundt

By A Wee Bit of Cake - September 06, 2017


I've said it time and time again but my favourite cakes to make are the ones that I make for those that I love.

Nothing beats baking something delicious and then seeing the recipients face as they tuck into a slice (or two) of cakey goodness.

Over the summer we had my parents and two of my brothers come to visit. They had been down in London as it was Stephen's graduation then decided to come on up to Leeds and spend a few days with us (or more Ethan) before flying back to Belfast. I wanted to make Stephen a nice cake to celebrate finishing a long year in London gaining his PGCE but the big sister in me also wanted to make sure he had some nice home baking to enjoy as you don't get that in student halls.

I haven't made a Bundt in ages and my tins are just sat in the cupboard gathering dust so I decided now was the perfect time to whip one out and remind myself why I love these tins so much. Gosh, typing up this post is making me want to bake another one, maybe for the weekend, hmmm....

Anyway! My go to website for Bundts is always Dollybakes blog where she has made Bundts in almost every flavour combination available. I decided to fiddle with her recipe for a Toffee Choc Bundt and adapted it to suit the use of Biscoff spread instead. All I can say it oh my! I could have easily face planted this whole cake, it was scrumptious.

Stephen loved it too and between all of us we made good work of demolishing this cake over the 4 days that my family stayed with us.

Congrats on qualifying as a teacher Stephen, finally Tom has someone else to talk shop with haha...


Biscoff Bundt
225g butter
450g soft light brown sugar
4 eggs
350g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
250ml toffee yoghurt 
1 jar of biscoff spread 
White chocolate chunks and mini fudge pieces

Preheat the oven to 160C (fan)
Grease and flour a regular sized bundt tin (I used my Heritage tin)
Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
In a separate bowl mix the flour and bicarbonate of soda 
Whisk the yoghurt and vanilla extract together
Add the flour mix to the mixture followed by half the yoghurt
Add the remaining flour and yoghurt and whisk until everything is combined. 
Pour 3/4 of the mix into the prepared tin
Dollop 5 tbsp of the Biscoff spread over the mix and smooth out
Cover with the rest of the mixture
Bake in the oven for around 50 minutes/1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean 
Leave the cake to cool in the tin for half an hour then tip on to a wire rack to fully cool
Once cooled warm the remaining Biscoff spread in the microwave for 20 seconds and pour over the Bundt
Scatter over a handful of chocolate chunks and fudge pieces to decorate

Enjoy!





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments