Me and Mine - August 2016

By A Wee Bit of Cake - August 31, 2016

I cannot believe it's the end of August already - where has the time gone?? It's been one crazy month and we have crammed in lots of memories.


We were both really looking forward to this summer as Mr T is a teacher and off for 6 weeks and along with me being off on maternity leave it meant we got to spend 6 weeks together as a wee family. The baby years are so short and fleeting (Ethan is 6 months old next week!) so we were determined to enjoy this summer as much as we could.

Some plans were slightly scuppered as Mr T broke his toe at the start of the holidays but fortunately he healed really quickly. This August we have had a trip to Ireland, a trip to Liverpool, we visited Birmingham and Stratford-upon- Avon to see some friends, we enjoyed picnics in the park, meals out and lazy days at home. Fingers crossed we also get a day at the coast before Mr T goes back to work on Monday.

It's been a different summer, usually Mr T is off and I'm stuck in work with maybe a week off on annual leave so part of me was a little apprehensive that we would end up driving each other mad but it's been the complete opposite. Yes, we have had the odd argument (who doesn't?) but overall it's been great. I'll miss him when he goes back to work on Monday and suddenly I'll be looking after Ethan by myself again but at least it's only 7/8 weeks til half term.

I struggled to pick one photo from this month so instead I decided to share photos from all of our adventures. My favourite has to be of the three of us sat on our picnic blanket at the park. Such a simple day but a perfect photo.





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments