Chocolate Caramel Puds

By A Wee Bit of Cake - September 30, 2015



Chocolate… there really is nothing better is there? I love it in almost every form apart from chocolate ice-cream. For some reason that always tastes a bit false to me.

A few weeks ago I was talking to the folks from Godiva on Twitter after I saw an advert for their chocolate challenge and they offered to send me some chocolate when I said I was interested in taking part. The brief was simple – create a chocolate dessert that must include a touch of pink and some meringue.

Initially I thought of making a chocolate and caramel mousse but then I realised I can’t have raw eggs at the moment. I knew I wanted to make something quick and easy with minimal messing about as lets be honest, these days it takes all my energy to get through a day at work, I don’t want spending too much time in the kitchen when the sofa is calling.

Then I remembered these chocolate puddings that I love to make – they are quick, easy and hit the spot when you want a yummy dessert. For long enough I had wondered about adding caramel to them so this seemed like the perfect opportunity (and the fact that I had half a tin of caramel sat on the side that needed using up). I also had some mini meringues made for a cake for cake club so this was a double win although you can use shop bought to save on time.

Godiva sent me out some dark and white chocolate chips to try. I used the dark chocolate in the puds and melted the white chocolate down and dyed it pink to crumble over the top – delish!

Chocolate Caramel Puds - serves 4
110g dark chocolate
110g butter
110g soft brown sugar (the darker the better)
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
110g plain flour
1tbsp cocoa
1tbsp caster sugar
knob of melted butter
4tbsp caramel plus extra for decoration

Preheat the oven to 160C (fan)
Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
Whisk the eggs and sugar until doubled in volume
Fold the chocolate mix into the egg/sugar mix
Fold in the flour
Grease 4 pudding molds with the melted butter
Coat with a mix of caster sugar and cocoa (tip - mix these together before coating)
Fill each mold half full with the pudding mix
Pop in the fridge for 10mins
Add a tablespoon of caramel to each mold
Pop back in the fridge for a further 10mins
Pour the remaining pudding mix over the caramel
Bake in the oven for 13-15 mins
Tip out immediately and drizzle over some remaining caramel, a scattering of crushed meringue and white chocolate (coloured pink!)

Enjoy!


I did have an issue with one or two puds oozing out before I snapped a photo, it just goes to show – these puds are meant to be devoured quickly!

***Thanks to Godiva for sending me out some chocolate to use in this challenge***
Image Map

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments