Chocolate Orange Brownies

By A Wee Bit of Cake - December 22, 2014

It's only just gone 12pm as I write this and already I've had one of those days.

Let's rewind back to the start....

8am, we get up to discover it's been so windy in the night that the bins have disappeared from the front of the drive. Thankfully Mr T is a good un' and went to rescue the bins before he headed into work.

9am, I open my pill packet to discover the prescription I picked up last week was actually for my old pill, not the new one so cue a mad dash to the docs to get it changed. When I got there I was told I would have to wait until 5pm even though I needed to take it that morning and it was their fault for giving me the wrong one. After expalining this to the receptionist she told me to come back in half and hour.

9-10am, run a few errands in Otley then discover one of the shops I needed to get a last minute Christmas present in is closed arghhh!

10am, go to the docs and pic up my prescription and head next door to the chemist. While I'm there I hear a girl asking for pen and paper as when she was getting out of her car a gust of wind whacked it against another (it's very windy today). I pick up my script and head back to the car park to find, you guessed it, my car was the one that had been hit. Poor Betty Blue has a massive dent in the side.

Luckily the girl appeared at that instant and gave me her details and I got straight on the phone to Mr T. I head home to a load of missed calls from the sis-in-law and my nephew is ill so they won't be coming over today to make gingerbread houses. Disappointed big time :(

So there you have it, a pretty rubbish Monday morning. I think I need to go make so more of these Chocolate Orange Brownies and bury my face in them.



Chocolate Orange Brownies
200g dark chocolate
175g Terry’s chocolate orange ball
200g unsalted butter
Zest of 1 orange
125g dark brown sugar
125g light brown sugar
50g self-raising flour
  • Preheat the oven to 180C (fan)
  • Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin.
  • Set aside 12 segments of the chocolate orange and melt the remaining chocolate with the dark chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
  • Whisk the eggs and sugar until they have at least doubled in volume.
  • Fold the melted chocolate and orange zest into the egg/sugar mix.
  • Fold in the flour.
  • Pour into the tin.
  • Space the chocolate segments evenly in the tin.
  • Bake for 30-35 mins until crackly on top but still wobbly.
  • Leave to cool in the tin.
  • Cut into 12 pieces and enjoy!
 
 
 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Sounds lovely, but not sure I could use a Chocolate Orange in this way. Just too nice not to scoff the second the box is opened - I may have to try!!!!!

    ReplyDelete