A wee bit of running

By A Wee Bit of Cake - March 29, 2014

I hardly ever do a blog post on a weekend, I spend all day in front of the computer at work so the last thing I want to do is spend my free time on it too. Sometime though, you just have a need to blog and put it all out there.

My bus home from work yesterday was early and I ended up having run up the road to catch it at the next stop. I hardly ran any distance, maybe a few hundred metres at most but by the time I caught up with the bus I felt like I was going to pass out. I was really breathless and when I breathed in it felt like I was breathing through a straw. Honestly it took the whole of the bus journey (40mins) for my breathing to go back to normal.

I really wasn't happy and knew I needed to do something about it. I'm not exactly massively overweight, I'm a 10/12 on top and a 14 on bottom but I feel big for my 5' 4" height. I have been saying for long enough that I need to get back into running and yesterday spurred me on to do something about it.

Yes, this blog is all about my love of cake and yummy foods but the only way I can enjoy these treats is if I exercise too. It's not fair on my body to consume lots of fat and sugar but never burn it off. I can't and don't want to give up the foods I love but at the same time I need to be healthy too so I have decided to use this blog to chart some of my progress. My aim is to run once or twice on a weekend and once midweek after work. If possible I will increase this but there is no point setting unacheivable goals cos I just won't do them.

I went into town today and picked up a new sports bra, running socks and a jacket. I will need to invest in some new trainers too but that might have to wait until next month as at the moment driving lessons are draining all of my spare cash. When I got home I decided I needed to go for a quick run just to ease myself back into exercising. I downloaded the Nike running app, plugged myself into some music and went for a run around Otley. I managed 3K (although I did walk half of it) before I couldn't do any more so my next aim is to do 3K without stopping. I may not achieve it in my next run but it is my goal that I am determined to reach. From there I hope to build myself up to 5K or more and who knows where it may lead.

I also took some measurements which I've decided to publish on here. I'm not usually so open about this sort of stuff but I find it helps me to see other people being open about their fitness and weight loss so hopefully it will help you. I've decided against aiming for a target weight, I just want to build up my fitness and feel happier within myself.

Weight: 11stone 2lb
Height: 5' 4"
Waist: 28"
Chest: 36"
Hips: 42"
Upper arm: 11"
Thighs: 25"
BMI: 26.7 (Overweight)

I'll do a check-in on here once a fortnight and update my stats. Fingers crossed I'll see an improvement! If anyone has any running tips please let me know, all advice is welcome :)

Wish me luck!



(ps. don't worry I'll still be posting cake recipes!)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments