July - a catchup!

By A Wee Bit of Cake - July 31, 2013

Goodness me, how on earth are we at the end of July? This month has gone in far too quickly!!!

I know I have neglected the blog this month but to be honest I just haven't been in the mood to blog or bake that much. I also like to blog during my lunch hours at work but the first few weeks of July were so lovely that I spent my lunchtimes outside embracing the sunshine while it lasted.

I do have a few recipes that I need to share with you and I will try and get them up here over August. Now that it has cooled down a bit I feel more inclined to get back in the kitchen. I made a Chocolate Coconut Cake for CCC earlier on in the month and using buttercream was a nightmare so it put me off trying some new recipe ideas.

I also want to try out some cheesecakes and fridge cake ideas when I get a chance. Thinking I really need to write out a proper list or set myself some challenges otherwise I will never get round to trying out the new things I want to bake!

In the meantime here are a few pics of what I have been up to this past month.

Admiring how lovely Otley is in summer and how lucky we are to live here.

Clandestine Cake Club time! My chocolate and coconut cake

Clandestine Cake Club time!

Lemon tart - something cool and refreshing during the hot spell of weather and the lovely sign that Rhianne got me - she's the best!

My friend Alison came to visit and brought her dog Hettie too!

Bargains in the Sainsbury's sale!

Annual Summer Day Out with work - we went to York Races :)

My first attempt at sewing something more complicated than a button on a shirt - made this at a Hen Party I went to.
So that was some of my July! Kicking off August with a bang cos It is Yorkshire Day tomorrow and we are having a special Wharfedale Clandestine Cake Club event to mark the occasion. I promise to write all about it soon.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments